Goan Spicy Egg Curry is a special Goan Recipe cooked with boiled eggs and is flavored with spices. This curry is simple , spicy and full of flavours.
Goa is best known for its beaches, food and is a great holiday destination. Rice, coconut and fish are the most staple food of goans. There are lot of fresh spices used along with coconut to give it an ethnic goan taste. This curry is made with boiled eggs which are added to the spicy curry .
The curry is made with a paste of grated coconut, onions, dry red chilies, turmeric powder and tamarind. It’s a thick red masala curry which taste great with Pao or steamed rice!
Here’s the quick and easy recipe of Goan Spicy Egg Curry.
Eggs – 6
Grated coconut – 1 cup
Red chillies – 4
Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
Ginger-Garlic paste – 2 tbsp
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Bay leaf – 1
Onions – 2 (finely chopped)
Tomato – 1 (finely chopped)
A ball of tamarind soaked in water
Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp for garnishing
- Boil the eggs. and cut them in half.
- Roast the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, coconut, red chillies and grind into a fine paste.
- In a pan heat some oil add the bay leaf and saute the onions till golden brown.
- Then add ginger – garlic paste and tomato.
- Add the ground paste and mix well.
- Now add little water and cook it.
- Add tamarind pulp and salt as per taste .
- Mix it well .
- Add the boiled eggs which are cut in half and gently mix the masala with the eggs.
- Cover the pan and cook for 4-5 mins
- Garnish with Coriander.
- Serve hot with steamed rice or Goan Pao.
We are sure that this dish will be loved by both young and old. You can make it thick to relish it with goan pao or bread. Enjoy your Goan Spicy Egg Curry .
568 total views, 1 views today