Most of us think that you need to go to a gym and have a rigorous exercising schedule to build muscles and get a toned body. In reality, you can build good muscles with a simple exercise regime and self-discipline at home. You don’t need fancy equipment to get good muscles and a toned body.
Let us look at some body weight exercises like push-ups, pull-ups and squats which help in building muscles. Remember that when your exercises become routine and you stop pushing your limits, then you stop building muscles too.
Many good fitness experts will vouch that exercises which can use body weight rather than artificial weights, are much better. For beginners, it is also advisable to use your body weight to start building on your muscles. Later on you can add weight training into your schedule.
Today let us look at some good exercises which can build your muscles.
One of the most effective exercises to develop your chest and pectorals are push-ups. Push-ups involve your shoulders, triceps and chest. The rule is simple. Your arms and your core muscles need to lift you off the ground and bring you back to the starting position. This exercise uses the entire body weight as the weight.
How to do a push-up?
- Place your hands on the ground, wider than your shoulder width.
- Lower your body until your chest almost touches the floor.
- Ensure that your body is in a straight line throughout these movements. Ensure your elbows are close to your body.
- Your arms and your core muscles need to lift you off the ground and bring you back to the starting position.
- If you find this difficult, then start with an easier version, wherein you push up against a wall or an incline. After you are successful, move onto the regular push-ups and then finally to one armed push-ups.
This exercise does not require any kind of expensive gym equipment. This is one of the most common exercises that is popular and performed by a beginner as well as a person with an advanced fitness regime.
- Pull-ups are performed with your palms facing away from you.
- Chin-Ups are performed with your palms facing you.
These are good exercises for your back, neck and arms. Firstly, find a horizontal pole around your house. Ensure that the bar is smooth and straight. You need to do this exercise maximum number of times, so that your body gets tired.
- Your arms should be fully extended, shoulder width apart, chest up, shoulders tight and back.
- Pull yourself towards the bar.
- Lower yourself down. Again repeat the process till your body is fatigued.
Start with small targets and build your endurance and strength over a period of time.
Squatting is one more exercise which is extensively popular. It is easy to start with but you need to perfect your form. This exercise targets your legs and your back.
- Stand with your feet, shoulder width apart.
- Put your arms straight out in front of you.
- Begin to try to sit down but don’t sit, by pushing your hips back and bending your knees.
- Your chest and back should be in a straight and neutral position throughout the movement.
- Squat as low as possible with back and chest straight.
- Return back to the starting position.
- Your weight should be on your heels throughout the entire exercise.
This is one of the most difficult exercises and hence very few are able to maintain these exercise in their schedule. This exercise helps build muscles around the waist. Many a time this exercise is clubbed with running, in-order to lose flab around the waist.
Simple Dumb bells.
Our age old dumb bells are a good way of getting a good workout for your hands. These are easy exercises which need a lot of discipline and dedication.
A good body exercise schedule will build strength, burn fat, add muscles and improve your flexibility. To build muscles, you need to place your muscles under constant challenge by increasing the exercise difficulty.
All these exercises are strenuous and need a great deal of patience, endurance and self-discipline. These exercises provide a good body workout and need to be progressed gradually. It is equally important to have a good diet, eat well and get good rest so that you recover fast. All the energy lost in the workout needs to be replenished with a good diet, nutrition and rest.
These are the Top 5 Exercises which help build muscles at home. So friends you can start with these exercises and even take good advice from a fitness expert as to how you can incorporate these exercises in your schedule at home.
700 total views, 1 views today