In today’s world, wherein women do not have the luxury of an entire day to prepare healthy and nutritious family meals, it is always good to have an arsenal of quick and healthy cooking tips in your pocket. Sometimes the smallest changes can make all the difference to a meal.
Below you will find a list of 20 small changes that one could make which would enhance the flavor of your home cooked meals:
1. When frying anything, remember that the oil temperature should be just right. If it’s too hot then you will burn your food and if it’s not then the food will absorb a lot of oil.
2. In order to make crispy fried dishes like puri’s always add a little sooji or rava to the batter mix.
3. To make soft chapattis, add a little milk or fresh yogurt to it.
4. For non-sticky rice add a single drop of oil.
5. Add little ice water and corn flour to make tasty and crispy pakodas.
6. Always use a deep bottomed saucepan to make any curries. This helps to avoid splashing.
7. Toasted rava, nuts, spices and coconut add additional flavor to the food.
8. In order to prevent the discoloration of potatoes, eggplant and green bananas soak them in water before cooking. Add small amounts of lemon juice to prevent the discoloration of apples, bananas and peaches.
9. Nuts can be stored in the refrigerator to increase their shelf life.
10. Beat the curd/yogurt nicely before adding to gravies or biryani mix.
11. In order to prevent the pasta or noodles from sticking to each other, run it under cold water immediately after boiling and drain the excess water. Also, while cooking you could add some olive oil.
12. Always make your ginger garlic, green chilly coriander paste in bulk and keep it in the fridge.
13. Grate the full coconut and freeze it. and then use the same according to your needs.
14. Always boil extra potatoes, cauliflower, carrots and peas as they can be easily used in making quick snacks like vegetable stuffed paranthas and soups.
15. To store fish for a long time you should clean the fish and apply salt and turmeric on it.
16. Never wash the vegetables after peeling or chopping. You will lose the nutrients and vitamins.
17. Apples, Peaches, Pears and most of the other fruits should be eaten with skin. Its skin has a huge amount of vitamins in it.
18. The smaller the baking item the higher is the baking temperature.
19. Store spices in a cool and dark place, not above your gas stove. The heat will destroy its taste and flavor.
20. Cook pasta one minute less than the instructions given. You can continue to cook the pasta for the remaining one minute after mixing the ingredients in the pan.
Please read our earlier article Cooking on budget.
Please check out our Smart Deals.
78 total views, 1 views today