Everyone wants to have a good glowing skin, but we do not put enough effort into nourishing our skin. Most of us keep our skin clean by washing it at least twice a day and also by applying moisturizer. But many of us rub the moisturizer on the skin, which is wrong.
- Today let us look at the top 10 common mistakes we make on our skin care.
- Rubbing moisturiser on the skin.
- Your moisturiser should have SPF of atleast 15.
- Always pat your skin dry instead of rubbing.
- Apply the moisturizer on the neck and hands.
- Change your moisturizer as per the season.
- Wash your hands properly before washing your face.
- Clean up your makeup before retiring to bed.
- Eat a healthy and nutritious diet.
- Detoxify your body.
- Avoid picking acne or black heads.
- Some of the other things to be kept in mind are listed below:
Today let us look at the top 10 common mistakes we make on our skin care.
Rubbing moisturiser on the skin.
Almost all of us are guilty of rubbing moisturiser on the skin. It is important to know that moisturiser is not supposed to be rubbed on the skin. Your skin is gentle and it needs to be patted, tapped or dabbed on the skin. Dabbing or patting gives your skin more time to absorb, while rubbing stretches and irritates the skin.
Your moisturiser should have SPF of atleast 15.
We all walk in the sun and even if it is not very hot, we still need to protect our skin from harmful UV rays. Have an SPF of atleast 15 in your moisturizer.
Always pat your skin dry instead of rubbing.
When you rub your skin, it loses its elasticity and also causes irritation on the skin. After your bath or washing of your face, ensure that you pat yourself dry.
Apply the moisturizer on the neck and hands.
The neck and hands are the most neglected part in skin care. Most of the times you see women having a glowing face, but the moment you look at their neck and hands, they look old.
Today, when you apply and pat moisturiser on your face ensure that you also apply it on your neck and hands. This will help to keep your skin nourished and vibrant.
Change your moisturizer as per the season.
This is one of the most common mistakes that most of us make. We use the same moisturizer throughout the year irrespective of the change of season. In winter, we need heavy cream due to the dry climate and also due to the dryness of our skin, while in summer we need to switch to a lighter version of the moisturizer.
Wash your hands properly before washing your face.
Most of the time, we directly splash water on our face. It is important to clean the dirt, oil and bacteria from your hands and then wash your face. Acne is caused by dirt and bacteria.
Clean up your makeup before retiring to bed.
Most women are just too tired to remove their makeup, which is one more cause for many skin problems. Ensure that you clean up your makeup and wash your face before you sleep.
Eat a healthy and nutritious diet.
A diet filled with fresh and organic fruits and vegetables will help your skin to glow. It is important to eat a healthy diet, which will nourish your body and skin.
Detoxify your body.
It is important to go on a fast or go on a complete fresh fruit and vegetable diet, once in a while. It helps your body to digest easily and gives your skin time to rejuvenate and refresh.
You can also avoid using cosmetics for a period to time, to detoxify your skin from the heavy usage of cosmetics. You can start using anti-aging skin early to avoid any skin deterioration.
Avoid picking acne or black heads.
Avoid constantly touching the skin or picking on your acne. It will leave scars and also inflame your skin.
Some of the other things to be kept in mind are listed below:
- Avoid the use of ear buds as they can damage your ears. Our ear drums are delicate and nothing needs to be put to clean them. Ideally ear wax is a protection for our ears and it is naturally cleaned when we take bath.
- Gently massage your scalp with oil and also try to exfoliate the dead skin on the scalp.
- Keep your oral hygiene as it is a major cause of concern for heart diseases.
These are some of the Top 10 common mistakes we make on our skin. Use the above tips to get a smooth and glowing skin.
559 total views, 8 views today