Risotto is a northern Italian rice dish which is popular all over the world. It is cooked in a creamy consistency. This broth can be of fish, prawn, meat or even a vegetable broth. Almost all the risottos will have wine, butter and onion, as it is the common way of preparation in Italy.
There are different types of risotto recipes with different ingredients. A properly cooked risotto is rich and creamy, but will have some resistance in every bite (al dente) and also separate grains. It must be eaten at once as it continues to cook in its own heat and can become too dry when the grains are too soft.
Today, let us look at the Tasty Lemon Prawn Risotto recipe.
- 500gms of prawns deveined and cleaned.
- 3tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
- 1 red chilli deseeded and chopped thinly.
- Fish or vegetable stock to cook.
- 50gms of butter.
- 1 onion sliced thin.
- 400gms of Arborio risotto rice (you can use any which is available).
- 1 small glass of white wine.
- 250grams of peas (optional).
- 1 lemon juice and keep the lemon zest.
- Peel the prawns, keeping the heads and shells.
- Heat 1tbsp olive oil in a saucepan and fry the prawn shells and heads with the sliced chilli until they have toasted well and their colour is changed to orange-red.
- Pour in the fish or vegetable stock and bring it to boil.
- Lower the heat and let it simmer.
- In a separate pan, add the butter over a medium heat.
- Stir fry the onions gently for 8-10mins until soft but not coloured. Keep stirring to avoid getting brown.
- Wash the rice and then add the rice into the onions until completely coated in the butter.
- Stir continuously until the rice is shiny and the edges of the grain start to look light and transparent.
- Add wine and simmer until totally evaporated.
- Now add the stock, a ladleful at a time, stirring continuously till it is fully absorbed.
- Add the prawns and peas.
- Continue adding stock, a ladleful at a time and stir the rice over a low heat for 25-30 minutes until the rice is cooked al dente (with a slightly firm, starchy bite in the middle).
- The risotto should be creamy and little soupy.
- Cook until the prawns change colour.
- Add the chopped chilli, lemon juice and remaining olive oil.
- Stir it well and remove it from the heat.
- Serve it topped with lemon zest.
- Your Tasty Lemon Prawn Risotto is ready to be relished.
105 total views, 1 views today