Another popular Goan dish is prawn cutlets. It is also one of the most popular delicacies in Goa. It can also be served as an evening snack or an appetizer. My daughter loves these delicious cutlets that are prepared by me three times a month. This recipe too is passed down from my grandmother.
All seafood lovers will surely enjoy this dish. Small sized prawns are used to make these cutlets. It is prepared by mixing spices and other fresh ingredients. It is pan-fried with a semolina coating to get a crispy taste.
Now let us take a quick look at this Tasty Goan Prawn Cutlet or Fillet Recipe.
Prawns – 250 gms
Onions – 1 (finely chopped)
Green chillies – 2 (finely chopped)
Coriander leaves – 1 bunch
Slice bread – 2 (soaked for 20 mins in water)
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Coriander powder – ½ tsp
Garam masala – 1 tsp
Chilli powder – ½ tsp
Semolina (for coating)
Salt – to taste
Oil – shallow frying
- Devein the prawns and then apply salt and keep for some time.
- Add the soaked bread slices to all the ingredients.
- Then add the prawns and mix well.
- In a pan, add oil and wait until it’s heated.
- Take Semolina in a dish.
- Take little of the mixture in your hand and shape it in the form of cutlets.
- Then coat it with semolina and shallow fry it till it is nice brown in color or till the prawns are cooked.
Your tasty Prawn Cutlet is ready to be relished with paratha or bread. You can also eat it as an appetizer with tomato Ketchup or Mint Chutney.
753 total views, 1 views today