As summer is approaching, the best coolent for the system is dahi kadhi, which is relished by both, the young and the old. Kadhi consists of two main ingredients – dahi and besan. No Kadhi is complete without these ingredients.
In different regions in India, kadhi is made in different ways, some are thick or thin and some taste tangy or sour. Kadhi goes perfectly when pakodas of any flavor are added. Kadhi is incomplete without adding bhajiyas/pakodas into it. One can add pakodas of any flavor, such as onion pakodas, aloo pakodas, methi pakodas etc.
This dish is not only relished by Gujarati’s but all those who have to bear the summer heat.
Here’s the recipe for a tasty Dahi Pakoda Kadhi
For dahi kadhi recipe :
- Yoghurt (dahi) – 1 cup
- Gramflour (besan) – 2tbsp
- Green chilli – 1
- Sugar – ½tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 stalk
- Mustard seeds – 1tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1tsp
- Asafoetida– small pinch
- Salt to taste
- Ghee (for baghar)
For the pakodas/bhajiya :
- Besan – 1 cup
- Methi leaves – ½ cup
- Chilli powder – 1tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½tsp
- Salt to taste
For dahi kadhi recipe:
- Blend the dahi well.
- Mix besan in it.
- In a kadai, add ghee and heat it a little and then add mustard seeds and asafoetida.
- Add the blended dahi and cook until it boils.
- Add finely chopped green chillis and curry leaves.
For the pakodas:
- In a bowl, mix besan, methi leaves, salt, turmeric, chilli powder and water to form dough.
- Make small balls and keep aside for 5 mins.
- Then deep fry them until they are golden brown.
- Add these fried balls to the kadhi.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with khichdi, rice or parathas.
477 total views, 1 views today