Soft and pink lips are something that every woman desires. It enhances the beauty of your face and gives a glow to your skin. In today’s advanced world, there is very little time to take care of your lips. We cover it most of the time by applying lipstick or lip balm. The natural softness and the pink colour is lost due to unhealthy food habits, excessive use of cheap cosmetics and lack of proper lip care etc.
Today, let’s look at some simple lip care methods which can be routinely done.Remember your lips need softening and protection just as the rest of your face. There are plenty of natural ingredients which can bring the glow back to your lips.
Some important things you should know on how to take care of your lips are:
1. If your lips are chapping or peeling or excessively dry, then you need to increase the intake of Vitamin B food items.
2. Increase your intake of foods like wheat germ, bajra, barley, lotus stem’s, raisins, almonds, papaya, jackfruits, pineapples, lettuce, cauliflowers, sprouted seeds and oatmeal.
3. Apply natural edible products that will help to heal your lips without side effects. For e.g.lemon honey mixture, beetroot juice, pomegranate and milk paste etc.
1. Lip pack for dry lips –
Vegetable lip pack
2tsp pumpkin paste
2tsp coconut cream
Mix all the ingredients together and chill the paste for 10 minutes in the freezer. Apply the paste 2 to 3 times a day and wash your lips after some time.
2.Lip pack for dull lips –
Fruit Lip pack
1tsp dry almond powder
2tsp papaya pulp
Mix all the ingredients together in a paste. Apply this paste on the lips using brush like strokes. This acts as a gentle exfoliant, removing all the peeled skin to give way to fresh skin on the lips.
3.Lip Pack for tanned or dark lips –
Coconut almond touch
2tsp almond milk
2tsp coconut milk
1tsp apricot oil
1 dash of lemon
Mix all the ingredients and collect the curdled milk. Chill the mixture. Apply it twice a day.
4. Lip Balm
2tsp strawberry pulp
Mix all the ingredients till they form a smooth paste and apply it on your lips. This balm provides natural vitamins and also taste and smells good.
Some of the other things that can be done to have healthy lips are:
• Drink lots of water and keep yourself well hydrated.
• Avoid smoking at all cost. It is the biggest enemy of not only your lips but also your body.
• Avoid too much of tea or coffee. Too much of caffeine is bad for your body.
• Eat lots of fruits and vegetables as they add nutrition to your skin and body.
These are some of the important things to keep in mind for healthy lips and a healthy body. Most of these ingredients are found in your kitchen and can be used to enhance the health of your body.
Did you like the article above and want more tips delivered straight to your inbox every week? Consider subscribing to our weekly newsletter.
134 total views, 2 views today