Prawns are one of the most easily available fish in the market. You get prawns in all seasons and different dishes can be made with different varieties of prawns.
Some times when we get good sized prawns, we just love to make our all-time favourite starter, spicy prawn rava masala fry. My children love this dish and so we try and make it as often as possible. This is one of the quickest recipes that can be made without much preparation.
Recently we just got some fresh good sized prawns and so we made this lovely starter dish, which was enjoyed by everyone.
So here is the recipe for spicy prawn rava masala fry.
- 8 -10 big sized prawns (you can also take medium sized prawns).
- 2-3tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1tsp turmeric powder
- 1tsp red chilli powder
- 1tsp coriander powder
- 1tsp of garam masala
- 1 egg (optional)
- 2tbsp rice flour
- 4-5tbsp of fresh bread crumbs
- 2tbsp of semolina.
- 1tsp black pepper powder
- Refined oil to fry
- 1tsp of white vinegar (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Clean the prawns by de-veining them and removing the head, shells and intestine (black thread like thing on the back of the prawn). Keep the tail intact for better taste.
- Take a bowl and mix ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala, white vinegar and make a paste.
- Add the prawns in the bowl and coat them with the masala.
- Keep the marinated prawns for half an hour in the fridge.
- Take a plate and mix the bread crumbs, semolina, black pepper and a little salt.
- Now break the egg and beat it well.
- Keep the oil in the pan ready for deep frying.
- Take the prawns, dip them in the egg batter and coat them with bread crumbs and the semolina mixture and then fry the same in the oil.
- Prawns are fast to cook and so just cook them for a minute or two. They should be crisp outside and juicy and succulent inside.
- Serve them hot with mixed salad, French fries and garlic mayonnaise dip.
- Your spicy prawn rava masala fry is ready to be relished.
This is a quick starter that can be easily made within a short time and is enjoyed by everyone. We would encourage you to try out this recipe.
Please read our earlier recipes Spicy Tiger Prawns Recheado Masala.
312 total views, 2 views today