Spicy Goan Squid Recheado is loved by one and all. This recipe has been passed down from generation to generation. My mother in law has given me this recipe . Every one, both young and old who love seafood will enjoy this dish.So when squids are available , we make and enjoy this dish . It is very easy to prepare as the squids are stuffed with our very own goan Recheado Masala .
Please read our Spicy Goan Mackeral Recheado for the Recheado Masala recipe.
So here is the recipe of Spicy Goan Squid Recheado.
Process of cleaning Squids.
First of all clean the squids properly. Seperate the tube from the tentacles. Clean the tubes properly. Try not to break the sac. Remove all the dirt by washing it under the running water. Devein the tentacles and remove the eyes.Cut the tentacles into small pieces and keep aside.
15 – 20 medium sized Squids.
2 large onions chopped fine.
2-3 tbsp Recheado masala.
3-4 tbsp of Oil.
- In a pan take 2 -3 tbsp of oil, when heated drop the finely cut onions.
- Sauté for a while and then add 2 tbsp of recheado masala and stir well.
- Then add the finely cut tentacles and salt.
- Close the lid and let it cook in its own water on a low flame.
- Let the water dry completely and fry it a bit
- When cooked ,leave it aside to cool.
- Now take a tsp of the fried masala and stuff the tube halfway.
- When all the tubes have been stuffed, keep them aside.
- In the same pan , put the stuffed squids and cook it on a low flame
- Close the pan and let it cook in its own water.
- As the water is drying up, add 2 tbsp of oil and stir it properly.
- Close the lid as it begins to fry, it might spurt, take care as you stir them.
- Fry it till it is slightly light brown and cook till its done.
- Garnish it with coriander and serve with bread or rice.
- Your Spicy Goan Squid Recheado is ready to be relished.
This is an easy recipe which is loved by any seafood lover. We would encourage you to try and enjoy this dish at home.
Please read our other recipe Spicy Goan Mackeral Recheado
Please check out our Smart Deals.
619 total views, 1 views today