East Indians are the original inhabitants of Mumbai. The main occupation of the East Indians was fishing and farming. Eating fresh fish and vegetables was an intrinsic part of their daily life.
Today I will share with you, the recipe of one of the most relished East Indian fish fry dishes in our house.
- Whole Surmai nicely cleaned and sliced into medium pieces.
- 2tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- 2chillies cut into small pieces (avoid it if you don’t like too spicy food)
- 2tbsp of East Indian fish bottle masala. If this is not available, add 2tbsp of kashmiri red chilli powder.
- 2tbsp of turmeric powder
- 1 lemon juice
- 2tbsp of white vinegar
- Salt to taste.
- 2tbsp of garam masala
- A small pinch of cumin and coriander powder will enhance the taste.
- 3 tbsp of oil for frying.
Clean the fish and wash it properly. Be careful, as Surmai is a tender fish and will break easily.
Take a small bowl and add ginger garlic paste, East Indian fish bottle masala, turmeric powder, garam masala, vinegar, lemon juice and salt to taste. Mix these ingredients properly.
Apply this paste on both the sides of the fish and marinate it for about 30 minutes.
Take oil in a pan and shallow fry the fish on both sides till done.
Your East Indian Surmai fish fry is ready to be relished and enjoyed with fish curry rice or roti.
Please check our Smart Deals.
Please read our other recipes.
To buy Spices , Please click here Fish Masala
141 total views, 2 views today