Clams are one of my husband’s favourite seafood. He loves and relishes clams in dry masala. When we see fresh clams, we tend to buy it and make our favourite Tissareo Sukkem, meaning Spicy clams in dry masala. Most Goan households will have their own version of this dish.
It is important to know that clams are high in phosphorus, iron, and potassium, which lead to good health benefits for our body. So enjoy your clams dish once in a while with rice or bread. It is important to note that clams have salt inherent in them, so be careful while adding salt. Also at the same time stir them carefully, to avoid getting them opened and detached completely.
Here is the recipe for spicy clams in dry masala.
- Washed and cleaned calms – 2 bowls.
- Freshly grated coconut – 1 cup.
- Ginger and Garlic paste – 1tsp.
- Onion – 1 finely chopped.
- Kashmiri chilli powder – 1tsp.
- Garam masala – 1tsp.
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Black pepper powder – 1/4tsp.
- Green chillies (slit) – 2 to3 (you can avoid it, if you do not like spice).
- Chopped fresh coriander for garnishing.
- Salt as per taste.
- 2tbsp of oil.
- First wash and clean the clams but retain their shells.
- Cook them in a pan of boiling water for about 2-3 minutes, till they are opened completely. Then remove them and keep them aside.
- Take a pan and add oil in it.
- Add chopped onions and sauté it for a while.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and mix it well.
- Add all the spices and freshly grated coconut and mix well.
- Now add the clams and chillies and mix well.
- Add salt as per taste and cook it for 5 – 6 minutes, till they are cooked.
- The coconut will be a little soft yet crunchy and the clams will get cooked.
- Garnish it with freshly chopped coriander.
Your spicy clams in dry masala (Tissareo Sukkem), is ready to be relished with bread or rice.
579 total views, 3 views today