Healthy and tasty soups are loved by both, the young and the old in the family. Indian cuisine has a wide range of soups which are called as shorbas, rasams etc. and are always added to the main course meal. Sometimes a plain peppery and tangy rasam or a chicken or a mutton soup or a plain lentil soup with vegetables in it, can be a satisfying full meal or a starter.
When you are sick, a bowl of plain hot soup can bring a lot of satisfaction to your soul and body.
Today, we will try to see two easy, healthy and tasty soup recipes from different parts of India:
1. Chicken Rasam
Chicken Rasam is tangy, spicy and delicious. It is very effective in the rainy season when you are suffering from cold.
- About 4 to 5 pieces of chicken with bones.
- 1 tomato.
- 2 red chillies.
- 1tsp turmeric powder.
- 2tbsp black pepper.
- 1tbsp cumin seeds.
- 1tbsp coriander seeds.
- 1tbsp fennel seeds.
- 4-5 garlic pods.
- 1 small pulp of tamarind mixed in water.
- 3 tbsp of oil.
- 10-12 curry leaves.
- Salt to taste.
- Coriander leaves for garnishing.
- Wash the chicken pieces properly.
- In a pan, heat 1tsbp of oil and roast the red chillies, pepper, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, coriander seeds and garlic.
- Cool it and grind it into a coarse powder.
- Take your pressure cooker. Heat 2tbsp of oil and add tomato and curry leaves to it. Add the chicken pieces and sauté well.
- Add the ground masala powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Add tamarind juice and also 5 cups of water and stir well.
- Now pressure cook it for 2-3 whistles and then keep it on low heat for another 5 minutes.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and your Chicken rasam is ready to be relished.
2. Thupka (Noodle soup from Tibet)
This is a noodle soup which originates from Tibet and is very popular in the north eastern states. This is mostly meat based but you can add a lot of fresh vegetables to make it even more healthy and tasty.
- ½ kg chicken breast chopped in small pieces or chicken drumsticks.
- 150gms of noodles.
- 1ltr chicken broth
- 3tbsp of chopped garlic.
- 2tbsp of ginger paste
- 2 tomato thinly sliced.
- 1onion thinly sliced.
- Vegetables of your choice (carrots, french beans, broccoli etc.)
- 1tbsp cumin powder
- 1tbsp schezwan pepper or black pepper
- 1tbsp of chilli sauce
- 1tbsp of soya sauce
- 2tbsp of oil
- Salt to taste
- Garnish with chopped coriander or spring onions.
- In a pan boil water and cook the noodles. Drain the water and then run them under cold water. Add 1tsp of oil so the noodles don’t stick to each other.
- In a pan, heat oil and chicken pieces and sauté it till it cooks for some time, for around 7 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic and ginger and sauté it.
- Add tomatoes, cumin powder, salt, pepper and cook it for around 5 more minutes.
- Add chilli sauce and soya sauce.
- Add all the vegetables and the chicken broth or plain water.
- When the vegetables are cooked, add the noodles to the broth. Cook it for 5 more minutes.
- Remove and serve it hot with garnishing of coriander or spring onions.
Some of the good benefits of soups are:
- It is a comfort food.
- It is perfect way to start your meal.
- Soups are a very effective remedy for cold and cough.
- Soups can be full meals and can help you lose weight.
- You can add vegetables, chicken and other spices to make it a wholesome nutritious meal.
- We would highly recommend you to try the above easy, healthy and tasty soups.
To buy please click here soups.
382 total views, 2 views today