Cook time: 30 minutes
Serves: 4 people
Punjabi Rajma Masala is one the favourite staple diet in many north Indian household.
Here is the recipe for Punjabi Rajma Masala
Rajma (kidney) Beans soaked overnight 1 cup
3-4 Tomatoes or tomato Puree
3 tablespoons of oil or ghee
Onions finely chopped 2 medium
Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder (Dhania powder) 2 teaspoons
Jeera powder (Cumin) 1 teaspoon
Garam masala powder 1 1/2 teaspoons
For Garnishing Fresh coriander leaves chopped
Maggie Cube for additional taste
Method of Preparation
Preparing the Rajma (Kidney Beans)
- Soak the kidney beans (Rajma) over night.
- Then Drain the beans and put in a pressure cooker. Add water and cook for 1-2 whistles.
- Once done then drain the water and collect the beans. Save the stock separately for further use
Preparing the Gravy
- Add oil to a non stick saucepan.
- Once hot then add the onions and fry till golden brown. Once done gently add the ginger garlic paste and the remaining ingredients.
- Add the tomatoes (chopped) or tomato puree and sauté for 5 minutes
- Finally add the kidney and the vegetable stock. You can also add the Maggi Cube (vegetable) for additional taste.
- Now add the garam masala powder and cook with the lid on for 5-6 minutes.
- You can now garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Your rajma gravy is now ready. This can be eaten either with rotis or rice.
View our other Indian Recipes here.
515 total views, 2 views today