Family vacations are special and bring a lot of good memories. These are times that you have enjoyed the most with your loved ones. I believe that every family needs to go for a family vacation. It need not be an exotic and expensive vacation, but a simple trip to a nearby beach can also refresh you. These family vacations are family fellowship times, which create long lasting memories. Till today, I remember some very funny and happy memories of our family vacations.
Vacations are a great break away from the normal routine and stress. Every vacation helps to refresh and rejuvenate. When we relax with friends and families, it’s a time of great bonding and getting to know each other better.
- Let us understand why family vacations are important for a happy family –
- Our lives are filled with stress and we all need a break.
- Doctors also prescribe a vacation for good health.
- Vacations are a great bonding time for the family.
- Learning new cultures and meeting new people.
- Vacations are a time to detox from technology.
- Some of the things that you need to plan before vacation.
Let us understand why family vacations are important for a happy family –
Our lives are filled with stress and we all need a break.
Today everyone, whether going to work or at home, has a very busy schedule. It is important to know that all of us need a break from our daily grind. It is these routine and daily activities that exhaust us over a period of time. A vacation allows us to relax, forget about the stress of everyday life and helps us to come back refreshed and rejuvenated.
Vacations need not be expensive and exotic. It only has to be a place where you and your family can relax. Time is extremely scarce these days and vacations give us that precious time to spend with our loved ones. Our entire family looks forward to our annual vacation.
Doctors also prescribe a vacation for good health.
Many people are suffering from the ill-effects of stress, lack of time, burnout etc. All this has led to an unhealthy lifestyle. Most of the time doctors just tell people to take a short vacation and relax. People have immensely benefited from the vacations they have taken. A simple vacation of 2-3 days to a nearby beach has done wonders to people and they feel refreshed and rejuvenated.
Vacations are a great bonding time for the family.
With no worry to run for scheduled meetings or doing your daily laundry, cooking, cleaning etc., you have ample time to do the things that you wanted to do. Spend quality time with your children by playing, sharing anecdotes, eating, adventure and fun activities etc.
Vacations create some great memories, which remain etched in your mind for a long time. Encourage your children to capture these memories in their scrap book. Today also we watch our old picture albums and relive those moments. These memories become a great source of joy and love in future, especially when your children have grown up. You can also share these pictures with them to remind them of their family vacations.
We have tried many different, unusual and adventurous activities while on vacation. These activities have brought us out of our comfort zone and made us bold and stronger. Encouraging each other strengthens family relationships and bonding. Many new hidden talents of your family members will come to the forefront. For e.g., some may be good swimmers, some may be good skaters or some simply good eaters.
Some of the exciting things that we did on our vacations are:
- Building sand castles on the beach.
- Taking a speed boat ride.
- Doing parasailing.
- Jumping in the waves.
- Collecting shells on the beach.
- Staying overnight in a house boat and cruising on the back waters in Kerala.
- Flying kites.
- Just lazing on the beach, doing nothing and gazing at the sea. (Nothing is more relaxing than this activity……………)
Learning new cultures and meeting new people.
Travelling helps children learn about new people, cultures, local cuisines, foods, dresses, climate etc. Watching these things in real life is very exciting and a great learning experience for them.
Travelling at times can be exhausting but at the same time it can also be exciting. Remember the world is your children’s classroom. Every place will have some unique qualities that can be learned.
Vacations are a time to detox from technology.
Vacations are a time to stay away from technology and gadgets as much as possible. Enjoy the real and natural world without technology. Enjoy the beach, sea breeze, the mountains, food cuisine, people etc. These natural things will give you thrills, lots of excitement and make your vacation filled with memories.
Some of the things that you need to plan before vacation.
In order to have a memorable vacation, plan in advance.
Some of things that you need to plan are listed below:
- Book your tickets and hotels well in advance to get the best and cheapest online deals.
- Carry all the necessary documents with extra copies of your passport, visa, traveller cheques etc.
- Ensure that there are no long and stretched travels, if you have young children.
- Pack enough recreation items like toys, story books, snacks, water and other things for your children.
- Try to travel light.
- Research about your places of visit well in advance, so that you are aware of the best places to visit.
- Never let your children out of sight for even a minute.
- Take appropriate insurance and local currency in advance.
- Carry your medicine box for the children.
We all enjoy our vacations. If planned well in advance it will turn out to be a memorable one. So today, start planning for your family vacation and take the much needed break that you need.
481 total views, 1 views today