Rosacea is a chronic skin condition which makes your cheeks, nose and other parts of your face red, for an extended period of time. It is caused due to enlarged blood vessels which results in red skin, particularly on the face.
This type of troubled skin normally affects those who are above the age of 30 years. It is primarily characterized by the redness of the nose, cheeks, small boils, swelling . The skin feels warm and tingles. The eyes could also turn dry and watery.
Rosacea needs attention and treatment or else it will lead to a permanent skin condition.
Some of the main causes of rosacea are:
- Excessive intake of beverages like tea and coffee.
- Extreme exercise regimes.
- Use of Substandard beauty products.
- High sunlight exposure.
- Excessive perspiration.
- High stress and anxiety.
Let us see some of the easy homemade treatments for Rosacea.
Treat your skin gently. Avoid rubbing or massaging the skin.
Try using natural soaps like oatmeal soap or aloe vera soaps.
Hydrate your body with plenty of fluids like water, vegetable juices, fruits which have high water content or tender coconut water etc.
Consume foods which are high in beta carotene, vitamin B, C, Zinc and essential fatty acids.
Regular intake of flax seeds which are high in omega 3 fatty acids.
Foods and drinks which are high in antioxidants like green tea, chamomile tea and fresh salads should be regularly consumed.
While travelling in the sun wear scarfs, hats and glasses for protection.
Avoid stress and anxiety and stay calm and relaxed.
Avoid pungent and spicy food.
Even though Rosaccea is one of the most stubborn skin conditions, it can be controlled with a proper diet and a natural beauty regime.
Let’s look at some of the easy and natural face packs for the treatment of Rosacea.
Aloe Vera Face pack.
4tsp fresh aloe vera juice
½cup cucumber juice
2tsp of oatmeal powder
2 dashes of lavender oil
Mix all the ingredients, except the cucumber juice. Apply the same on your face, especially on the affected parts. After about 10 minutes, wash your face with the cucumber juice. Use a little water to clean your face.
Zinc Face pack.
2tsp oatmeal flour
½ cup of cucumber juice
1 small crushed plain zinc tablet
Mix the crushed zinc tablet with a little cucumber juice and also add oatmeal flour and form a thick paste. Apply the paste on your face, especially the affected parts. After about 10 minutes wash it off with the cucumber juice and then clean your face with cold water.
Fruit Cider Face Pack.
4tbsp orange juice
1tbsp apple cider vinegar
2tsp oatmeal powder
½ cup of cucumber juice
- Mix all the ingredients except the cucumber juice. Apply the paste on the affected parts. Wash it off after 10 minutes with the cucumber juice and then with a little water.
Some of the other easy homemade remedies are:
- Regularly apply cucumber pulp on your face or the affected parts.
- You can apply chamomile oil with a cotton ball on the affected parts. Test it out by applying it on your hand for any allergic reaction, before applying it on the affected part. You can also use tea tree oil.
- Apply green tea over the affected part. The anti- inflammatory and antioxidant quality helps in soothing the skin.
- Boil 2-3 chamomile tea bags in a little water (small bowl) and then allow it to cool down. Place this water in the fridge. When the water is cooled down, give the affected parts a nice cold compress with a cotton ball soaked in this water.
- You can include flaxseeds, zinc tablets etc. in your diet.
These are some of the natural and homemade face packs which can help in the treatment of Rosacea and reduce the redness of your skin.
Please read our article on natural beauty face packs .
Please check our Smart Deals
329 total views, 1 views today