Fish fry in recheado Masala is a popular dish in almost every goan house. The Recheado masala is a Goan speciality. This famous paste is spicy hot, sour and is used to flavor fresh seafood such as mackerels, Pompfret and prawns. The word recheado means stuffed in Portuguese. This masala is very easy to prepare and doesn’t require any cooking.
Here’s the Spicy Goan Mackeral Recheado Recipe
Byadgi or Kashmiri Red chillies – 25
Garlic cloves – 15
Black peppercorns – 12
Cinnamon – 2 inch
Cloves – 8
Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
Sugar – 1 tbsp
Tamarind ball – lime sized
Onion – 1 (roasted)
Vinegar – ½ cup
Salt as per taste
Bangdas – 3 to 4
- Blend all the above ingredients with vinegar and little water. The paste should be thick. You can keep the paste in the refrigerator for future use also.
- The bangda fish is cleaned and then slit in the stomach area . You can also make slits on the body.
- The masala is then stuffed properly in the cleaned stomach area and other slits. Further also apply it on the outside of the mackerels.
- Keep it marinated for at least half an hour before frying it.
- You can either coat it with semolina or just plain fry it .
- Cook it on both sides and your Goan Spicy Mackeral Recheado is ready to be relished with rice and fish curry.
This is one easy recipe that you need to try if you are seafood lover.
Please check our recipe Tasty Prawn Biryani Recipe
Please check our Smart Deals.
Rs. 595 Rs. 421
526 total views, 1 views today