This fun salad is a personal favourite and my sons relish the freshness and sweet-tanginess of the dressing. It goes well with Lasagna or roasted chicken.
Elbow macaroni- 75-100 gms
Cucumber (the seedless variety) : 2
Diced Mango/Apple/any fresh fruit: 2 cups
Sweet corn: 3 cups
Bell peppers: 2 medium sized
Butter: 1 tsp
Extra Virgin Olive oil: 3 tbsp
Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce: 3 tbsp
Optional: ½ cup caramelized/candied nuts
1. Boil macaroni in salted water till done. Take care not to overcook. Keep aside to cool.
2. Dice cucumber and fresh fruits into bite sized pieces.
3. Parboil sweet corn, dice bell peppers and sauté those in butter to soften the vegetables.
4. Let the cooked corn and bell pepper cool.
5. Prepare dressing by whisking together olive oil and Thai sweet chilli sauce in a bowl. Whisk vigorously to make a thick dressing of pouring consistency.
6. Toss together the cooled and boiled macaroni, diced fruits, cooked and cooled vegetables, and cucumber in a salad bowl.
7. You can increase or decrease the quantity of each element to suit your palate.
8. You may also throw in some caramelized nuts for added crunch and depth in flavor.
9. Lastly pour in the dressing and mix well.
10. Chill the salad for at least an hour before digging in!
Please read our other recipes.
Please check our Smart Deals Section.
Did you like the article above and want more tips delivered straight to your inbox every week? Then subscribe to our weekly newsletter.
91 total views, 1 views today