One of my favorite goan dishes is Fish Cutlets. It’s quick and easy to make and can be served as a quick snack and appetizer. The kids just love it and it goes well with anything. This is prepared by mixing shredded fish, spices and other ingredients. It is then pan fried with a coating of maida or breadcrumbs to get a crispy taste. In this recipe we make use of Mackerels, but any type of fish can also be used.
Now let us take a quick look at this Tasty Goan Fish Cutlet or Fish Fillet Recipe.
Fish (mackerels) – 250 gms
Onions – 1 (finely chopped)
Green chillies – 2 (finely chopped)
Coriander leaves – 1 bunch
Slice bread – 2 (soaked for 20 mins in water)
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Coriander powder – ½ tsp
Garam masala – 1 tsp
Chilli powder – ½ tsp
Breadcrumbs or Maida (for coating)
Salt – to taste
Vegetable Oil – shallow frying
- Boil the fish apply salt and keep aside for some time.
- Add the soaked bread slices to all the ingredients.
- Then add the shredded fish and mix well.
- In a pan, add oil and wait until it’s heated.
- Take breadcrumbs in a dish.
- Take little of the mixture in your hand and shape it in the form of cutlets.
- Then coat it with semolina and shallow fry it till it is nice brown in color or till the cutlets are cooked.
Your tasty Fish Cutlet is ready to be relished with paratha or bread. You can also eat it as an appetizer with tomato Ketchup or Mint Chutney.
Want more awesome Goan Recipes like this one? Check out our Mushroom Xacuti Recipe.
Please check out our Smart Deals.
792 total views, 1 views today