Everybody wants a clean and neat house. In today’s fast world due to the time constraints, it has become difficult to maintain a clean and neat house. However, if you have some good and easy cleaning ideas, it will make your job easier and faster.
Today, let us look at some easy cleaning ideas for your home.
Cleaning the floor.
You can add a few drops of rosewater in the bucket of water, before cleaning the floor.
Cleaning the bowls or lunch boxes from the curry smell.
In case of oil stains or curry smell, use lemon peels to wash them. This will give brightness to the bowls and remove the curry smell.
To remove bad smell from the sink pipes and bathroom drains.
Mix one cup of baking soda in one cup of vinegar and pour the mixture into the drain. After 15-20 minutes, run water through it and the bad smell will disappear.
Keep the fridge bacteria free.
Mix equal amounts of water and vinegar. Dip a piece of cotton cloth in the mixture and clean the refrigerator. Keep little sodium bicarbonate in one corner of the refrigerator to avoid bad smell.
Cleaning the kitchen platform.
Use white vinegar for cleaning the platform. Dip a piece of cotton cloth in a cup of distilled vinegar and clean the platform. This will remove all the bacteria.
Ornaments of gold, silver, copper and other metals look new and shiny, when they are washed with broken milk. The ornaments should be kept in the broken milk for about 15 minutes and then removed and washed with soap and then dried.
White clothes to look brighter.
After regular washing of white clothes, dip the clothes in alum water and then take them out. This makes the clothes look whiter and brighter.
Pour boric acid in all the corners of the house, especially the kitchen, to keep away the cockroaches.
Cleaning the furniture.
We normally dust the furniture. The other way is to take an old plastic bottle and make a small hole in the cap of the bottle. Press the bottle so that air rushes out of the bottle. This rushing air will drive out the dust from the corners and hidden areas.
- To remove the rust stains from the clothes, rub a piece of tomato on the stained portion of the outfit. After some time wash it. If the stain is stubborn, repeat the process.
- If you have any ink stains on your clothes, put hair spray on the stain, wait for 5 minutes and then soak the fabric in water. Wash the fabric and watch the stain disappear.
- For lipstick stains on clothes, soak little cotton in glycerine and dab it on the stain.
- For stain on silk and wool, make a solution of methylated or surgical spirit one part and water two parts. Dab on the stain, leave it for a little while and then rinse.
- To remove carpet stains, first remove traces with a damp cloth. Sponge the area with warm water first. Then add white vinegar to a detergent solution and sponge. Finish by sponging with plain water.
- To remove wine stains, sprinkle salt over the area to absorb the spill and then wash in cold water with regular detergent. You can use hydrogen peroxide to get rid of the stain.
- For light stains from deodorants etc., rub with an equal quantity of vinegar and water. Then sponge the stains with warm water and with a little liquid detergent. Rinse well with cold water and then dry.
- In case of persistent stains, rub with methylated spirit or a liquid stain remover. Sponge first with ammonia and then with cold water. Rinse and dry.
To get rid of ants.
- Use some essence of peppermint on a piece of cotton wool and place it in the corners.
- You can sprinkle soda bicarbonate or boric powder on the shelves.
- Sprinkle powdered cloves on shelves or drawers.
- Mop kitchen shelves and cabinets with cloth dipped in neem oil and water mixture. Add around 5-6 drops of neem oil to a half cup of water.
- Wipe your kitchen with a cloth dipped in vinegar.
To get rid of cockroaches.
- Mix boric powder in wheat flour and knead it into dough. Roll out tiny balls of this dough and place it at the corners where insects frequent.
- Add phenyl to the water used for swabbing.
- Do not stack utensils in the sink overnight.
- Try to clean bathrooms and toilets daily.
- Naphthalene balls in bathrooms and kitchen repel cockroaches.
- Don’t keep wet and damp clothes in the bathroom for long hours.
The above are some easy tips for a neat and clean home.
To read our earlier article Checklist for Home Maintenance.
Please Check our Smart Deals.
To buy Please click here Cleaning Accessories
145 total views, 1 views today