Here’s an easy to prepare Seafood Paella recipe
• 4 small lobster tails
• 12 Large Mussels
• 1 cup mixed seafood chunks ( basa, squids)
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• 1 large onion, chopped
• 2 cups Long grain rice soaked in water for 15 minutes and then drained
• 2 large pinch of saffron threads soaked in ½ cup water
• 1 tsp paprika
• 1 tsp cayenne pepper
• 2 large red and juicy tomatoes, finely chopped
• 1 cups French beans stringed and cut diagonally / 2 cups Green peas
• 2 cups of peeled and deveined large shrimps
• ¼ cup chopped parsley
1. In a large saucepan, bring 3 cups of water to a boil. Add the lobster and allow it to boil briefly for about a minute or so until it turns bright pink in colour. Turn the heat off and remove the lobster tails with a pair of tongs. Do not discard the lobster cooking water. When the lobster is cool enough, remove the shell and cut into large chunks.
2. In a large deep pan or skillet, add 3 tbsp of olive oil and turn the heat to medium-high. Add the chopped onions. Sauté for 2 minutes add the rice. Cook for 3 more minutes, stirring regularly. Add the finely chopped garlic and the lobster cooking water. Add saffron, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and stir. Also add chopped tomatoes, green beans and peas. Bring to a boil and let the liquid slightly reduce, then cover (with lid or tightly with foil) and cook on low heat for 20 minutes.
3. Uncover and spread the shrimp over the rice, pushing it into the rice slightly. Add a little water if needed. Cover and cook for another 10-15 minutes until the shrimp turns pink. Finally, add the cooked lobster chunks. When the lobster is warmed through, turn heat off. Garnish with parsley.
4. Your steaming hot seafood paella is read to serve alongside your favorite white wine.
Please read our other recipes
Please click here for smart deals
Did you like the article above and want more tips delivered straight to your inbox every week? Then subscribe to our weekly newsletter.
179 total views, 1 views today