Black heads are a type of acne, which is a skin condition most commonly known as pimples, zits, white heads or black heads. Black heads are dark acne lesions. Teenagers are always horrified to find acnes on their face. Acnes can be formed overnight, but it takes days to get rid of them.
- Black heads happen when the pores of the skin are blocked. The sebaceous glands produce sebum. Sebum is responsible for protecting the skin and keeping it properly hydrated. Over-production of this oil leads to acne and black heads.
- Some of the main causes of blackheads and other acne are:
- Some of the things to be kept in mind while avoiding black heads are listed below –
- Some of the natural remedies for getting rid of black heads –
- Turmeric and mint juice.
Black heads happen when the pores of the skin are blocked. The sebaceous glands produce sebum. Sebum is responsible for protecting the skin and keeping it properly hydrated. Over-production of this oil leads to acne and black heads.
The plugs are called comedones. Black heads are open to air and so the plug turns black as the sebum gets oxidised, while white heads are not open to air. Normally comedones are of three main types –
- Comedones – Black heads and white heads.
- Pustules – Pimples with pus or nodules which are deeper.
- Cyst –Large nodules.
Some of the main causes of blackheads and other acne are:
- Over production of sebum (oil) in the skin.
- Excess sebum alongwith dead skin, blocks the hair follicles and clogs the pores.
- If the pores are open after getting filled with dirt, then they look black and hence called black heads.
- If pores are closed after being filled with impurities, then they are called white heads.
- Hormonal changes during puberty can also increase sebum production.
- Heavy sweating can also block pores.
- Wrong cosmetic use or overuse of cosmetics can also cause acne.
- Unhealthy diet comprising of more oil, fats and dairy products can also cause acne.
Some of the things to be kept in mind while avoiding black heads are listed below –
- Keep proper hygiene by washing your face normally. Do not over scrub or over wash your face, as this might lead to irritation.
- Avoid tight clothing which makes your skin difficult to breathe and this leads to over sweating.
- Never pop, pick or squeeze your blackheads as they will add more dirt, bacteria and will also lead to scarring and inflammation.
- Ensure that you wash your pillow case frequently, atleast once a week, as they will have dead skin cells and excessive oil from your face.
Some of the natural remedies for getting rid of black heads –
Turmeric and mint juice.
Put some mint tea in water and boil it. Allow it to cool and then add a tablespoon of turmeric powder. Apply this mix on the face and leave it on for around 10–12 minutes and then rinse off with warm water.
Egg white Mask.
Egg whites tighten the pores and pull out the dirt from the pores. Separate the egg white from the yolk. Apply a thin layer of egg white on your face. Keep it for around 5 minutes to dry and then apply the next layer of egg white and give it around 15 to 20 minutes to dry. Wash it with warm water for a smooth and clear skin.
Honey and cinnamon.
Honey and cinnamon is a good combination for getting rid of black heads. The anti-bacteria agents in the honey pull out the dirt which clogs the pores, while the cinnamon improves the circulation of the blood to make your skin look healthy and smooth.
Mix 1tbsp of honey and 1tbsp of cinnamon together and make a paste and cover the affected area. Apply a thin layer over the black head and then press a strip of clean cotton over it. Keep it on for 5 minutes and then rinse your face. Apply moisturizer on your face after rinsing it with water.
Take some lemon juice. If you have a sensitive skin, then dilute it with water. Wash your face and pat it dry. Take a cotton ball and soak it in lemon juice and apply it on the affected parts 3-4 times a week, preferably during bedtime. When you wake up, rinse your face with lukewarm water.
Oatmeal and Yoghurt.
Yoghurt has lactic acid and oatmeal calms the skin. Both help in removing black heads. Mix around 3tbsp of yoghurt with 2tbsp of oats alongwith some drops of lemon juice and olive oil. Mix properly and apply it on the affected part. Wait for around 10 to 12 minutes and then wash it with warm water.
Bentonite clay or cosmetic clay is rich in minerals that heal the skin. When you apply the mask on the skin it gets enriched with minerals and at the same time it removes all the residues and impurities from the skin. Mix 1tbsp of powdered clay with apple cider vinegar and make a paste. Apply it on your face and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes till it is completely dry and then wash it off with warm water.
These are some easy and natural remedies to remove black heads. A proper diet and good care of your skin goes a long way in keeping your skin smooth and healthy.
154 total views, 1 views today