Every woman wants to look good and so having a good makeup kit is an essential part of her being. Most women apply makeup on daily basis and keep it on for hours together. Though you may look good, your skin needs rest from makeup once in a while. Many have started adopting the “5:2 Skin Diet”. This means that you do not apply any kind of makeup on 2 days in a week, allowing your skin to get refreshed and rejuvenated. This also helps your skin to be cleaned properly and to remove any residue makeup.
Many skin specialists, cosmetologists encourage it and we see many film personalities adopting this 5:2 skin diet. Skin is the largest organ of our body, so ideally it needs utmost care, but unfortunately it does not get the care and attention that it deserves. Increasing amount of day to day stress, pollution, overuse of cosmetics and an unhealthy diet leads to premature aging and other skin problems.
Some of the common skin problems which suggest that your skin needs an immediate detox –
- The skin is itchy and irritable.
- Red patches appear on your skin.
- Your skin has become extremely dry and lacks any moisture.
- Eyelashes are becoming thin.
- Your skin appears to be dull and lacklustre.
- Skin breaks out too often.
Different types of detox methods –
The 5:2 Skin Diet.
This diet is the most popular diet among women. Many women who apply heavy makeup almost daily would like to try this diet. All you need to do is completely avoid any makeup on your skin for 2 days. Just by following this one basic rule will help you enhance your skin health drastically.
Skin experts suggest that accumulation of makeup can lead to the breakdown of collagen and elastin which are responsible to make your skin youthful. So just going makeup free for 2 days helps your skin cells to regenerate and give a more healthy skin look.
No makeup but natural and nourishing skin care.
This is another type of detox method wherein you completely avoid your foundation and other makeup cosmetics. In this type of detox, you will extensively use natural and organic skin care products alongwith moisturisers and creams.
This will help the healing and regeneration process of the skin. Natural face packs consisting of avocado, banana and other fruit packs alongwith rosewater, jojoba oil, sandal wood oil, egg mask etc., will give a nice glow on your face. Jojoba oil is a good makeup cleanser, while avocado, banana etc., helps to tone up the skin.
Avoid using chemical laden facepacks or moisturisers. In order to enhance the product, many manufacturers add chemical laden appealing fragrances. Always use natural products which do not have strong or pleasing fragrances.
Avoid going to dry and sunny places.
When you are on a skin detox, avoid travelling to un-necessary places in the scorching sun. Further, avoid staying in the swimming pool for long hours as it contains chlorinated water, which is not good for the skin.
Include a healthy detox diet.
It is important that you also add your body detox diet alongwith your skin detox diet. The best way of refreshing and rejuvenating your skin is from inside out.
Some of the easy things that can be included in your diet are listed below –
- Lots of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Hydrate your body with plenty of water, coconut water and fresh fruit juices.
- Avoid sugary and fried foods.
- Reduce stress and enjoy taking nature walks or reading books or catching up on old hobbies.
- Sweat in a hot shower or sauna so that you can remove toxins through perspiration.
- Include detoxing foods like green tea, broccoli, flax seeds, warm water with honey and cinnamon, beet, carrot, bottle gourd etc.
Include hair care also in your skin detox diet.
Hair is an integral part of your overall look. It is important to have healthy hair. Some of the things for taking care of your hair are:
- Massage your scalp with warm oil.
- Use coconut oil or almond oil for your hair massage.
- Avoid hair dryers.
- Use natural and herbal shampoos and conditioners.
- Protect your hair from dust and wind.
The above are some of the easy ways to do a makeup detox for a healthy skin. A healthy skin and body will enhance your self confidence .
600 total views, 2 views today