Mughlai Chicken is one of my favorite Mughlai dishes. It has a nice creamy texture and a very unique flavour.
Mughlai cuisine makes use of a lot of different nuts and spices which gives it a rich and original taste. This type of cuisine originated during the Mughal rule in India and was strongly influenced by central Asian cuisines like Persian,Turkish and Mongolian cuisines. The names of the various dishes originates from the Persian language (Farsi) like biryani, khichda, kofta and kebabs etc.
Today, Let us learn how to make Mughlai Chicken.
750 gms of boneless chicken cut in pieces.
2 tbsp of ginger garlic paste
1 tbsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
1 pinch of saffron in little milk
Cashew paste of 10 to 12 cashews
2 tbsp of fresh creamy yoghurt
3-4 tbsp of oil
Salt to taste
2-3 bay leaves
3-4 cloves and Paste of 2 onions
8-10 raisins for garnishing.
– Take a bowl and add chicken, salt, ginger garlic paste, half the cashew paste , yoghurt, salt, saffron milk and Kashmiri chilli powder. Mix it well and leave it aside for half an hour.
– Take a pan and heat oil in it.
– Add bay leaves, cloves and stir fry it for a minute
– Now add Onion paste and sauté it till it is brown.
– Add the marinated chicken and mix it well.
– Cook it for around 10 minutes till it is tender.
– Add the remaining cashew paste and saffron milk to the gravy.
– Cook for some time till the chicken is tender cooked and the gravy is thick.
– Garnish with raisins.
– Your creamy, rich Mughlai Chicken is ready to be relished with hot roti’s.
To buy some of the ingredients please that will help you make the Mughlai Chicken click here.
127 total views, 1 views today