Summer is here and it is this time of the year that your skin and your body need some extra care. The body is exposed to an increase in temperature, heat and intense sun rays. The skin and hair are instantly affected and hence we need to take extra care.
Excessive sweating, dryness of skin, dry hair and sun tanning are some of the effects on our skin. Many skin conditions like acne, pimples, boils, heat boils etc., are on rise during summer.
Sun tanning has the most adverse effect on the skin. Tanning is nothing but the body’s defence mechanism against the threat of sunrays. Sunlight encourages the skin to produce more melanin, which helps to prevent skin burns and the penetration of sunrays.
So it is important for us to follow a good regimen for nourishing our skin and body.Some the key points to be kept in mind are listed below:
- Keep your body hydrated by having adequate amount of water and other healthy fruit and vegetable juices.
- Apply sunscreen of SPF 15 or more, while moving out of the house into the sunlight.
- Try to avoid travelling in extremely sunny and hot times, like between 12pm to 3pm in the afternoon.
- Try to cover your face, hair and eyes with a scarf, hat, sunglasses etc.
- Eat a healthy diet full of fresh and organic fruits and vegetables. Try eating seasonal fruits and water based fruits like watermelon, coconut water, fresh lime water etc.
- Always take a shower when you come back from the hot sun. This will help you to keep the bacteria away and also to maintain good personal hygiene.
- Dress in loose clothes and light colours like white etc. Wearing comfortable outfits helps the air to pass through and the skin cools faster.
- Take care to stay protected from insects and flies. There is an increase in insects and flies due to high temperature. Ensure that you maintain good personal hygiene and keep your surroundings clean.
Natural summer face masks
Summer facial tan remover
3 tsp almond powder
2tsp green gram powder
1tsp turmeric powder
Mix all the ingredients and apply the paste on the face and the neck. Wash it after about 15 minutes or after it has become dry. You can also use buttermilk instead of curd.
Summer skin glow mask
1/4 cup of watermelon juice
1/2 cup of carrot juice
1/4 cup of orange juice
1tsp of honey
1tsp of lime juice
Mix all the ingredients in a bottle and keep it in the fridge to cool for about 10 minutes and then apply it on the face and the neck. Let it dry for about 10 to 15 minutes. Re-apply another coat and let it dry for some time. Wash your face with water.
Summer Fruit cooling pack.
1/2 orange peeled and cleaned with only pulp
Half cup lemon juice
1 slice of de-seeded watermelon
1half slice of muskmelon
1/4 cup oatmeal or besan(chickpea flour)
Grind all the ingredients together to form a paste. Apply the paste across the face and neck. Let it dry for around 15minutes or so and then wash it off with cool water.
Summer heat boils healer face pack
10 to 15 basil leaves.
10-12 mint leaves.
4- 6 Margosa(neem) leaves.
Grind all the ingredients and apply it on the heat boils thrice a day and wash it off after 10 minutes. You can also regularly dab your face with buttermilk. It helps to cool your skin as well as remove the tan and dirt from the skin.
Other easy natural face masks.
- Apply fresh curd on your face to remove the sun tan and for sun burn.
- Fresh grated cucumber can help to cool the skin.
- Massage lightly with organic coconut oil or jojoba oil.
- Dab your face with rosewater.
- Ice cubes wrapped in a handkerchief helps to give relief to puffy eyes and also aids in circulation. People with sensitive skin should avoid this.
Summer body care.
During summer, light body massages help relax the tired muscles. Here are some of the easy things that you can follow:
- Add apple cider vinegar to a bucket of water to soothe itchy skin.
- Take a light massage with brahmi(pennywort) oil or sandalwood oil.
- Generously apply buttermilk and grated cucumber to your body to cool it.
- Apply sandalwood and turmeric paste to your face, hands and legs and wash it off after it dries up.
Natural body pack
1/4 cup sandalwood powder
1 cup green gram powder
1/2 cup green gram powder
1/2 cup oatmeal powder
1/4 cup margosa(neem) paste
1/4 cup coriander leaves
1 grated cucumber
1/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup rosewater
Mix all the ingredients except the rosewater to form a paste. Apply this paste liberally on the face, neck, hands, legs and other parts of the body. After 15 minutes wash it off with lukewarm water and then apply rosewater on your body.
Summer foot care.
Your feet are the most neglected part of your body. Just soaking your feet in lukewarm water will relax and revive you.
Summer foot pack
5-6 margosa or neem leaves
6-8 mint leaves
5-6 shredded marigold flowers
2 dashes of lavender oil for aroma.
Take a vessel of hot water. Add all the leaves along with rosewater. Now add a little water and make it lukewarm. Add lavender oil and then soak in your feet for about 20 – 30minutes and relax.
The above are some of the natural ways to take care of your skin and body. Since all these are natural ingredients, they will refresh and nourish your skin by providing essential natural vitamins.
459 total views, 1 views today