Muscular injuries can be painful and can keep you out of action for days. Usually you will feel a muscle strain and a sudden onset of pain. It is very important to understand “ the best ways to avoid and recover from muscle injuries ”.
When you stretch a muscle suddenly beyond its natural elasticity, the muscle gets injured. It can happen anywhere, either on a sports field or at home itself. Normally if it is a mild injury you don’t need a doctor to treat it and you can be fine with some basic treatment and rehabilitation process.
- Let us first understand the causes and symptoms of muscle Injuries and how the same can be avoided.
- Let us understand some of the best ways to avoid and recover from muscle injuries.
Let us first understand the causes and symptoms of muscle Injuries and how the same can be avoided.
- Sudden pain.
- Soreness in the affected area.
- Muscle spasms.
- Difficulty in your movements.
- Over exertion.
- Poor flexibility.
- Lifting something heavy suddenly or throwing a ball or anything with a sudden jerk.
- Not warming up before exercise.
- Poor posture.
- Hold your back and neck in awkward position for a long time.
- Slipping and falling down etc.
These are some of the common causes and symptoms of muscle injury but there are many more which can be added to the list. A mild strain can cause slight stiffness but you will be flexible enough to move around. However in a severe case, the muscle might get torn and so there can be pain and limited movement.
Acute muscle strains are more common in the cold weather as muscles become stiffer in the cold climate. It is therefore important to take extra time to warm up in order to avoid muscle strains. Chronic muscle strains are a result of repetitive movement. Mild muscle pains go within weeks but the severe ones take months to heal.
Let us understand some of the best ways to avoid and recover from muscle injuries.
Adequate rest is one of the best ways to get healed fast. Avoid using the strained muscle for some time. After about 2 to 3 days slowly move the muscle, taking appropriate care to not over strain the muscle. It is important to know that too much of rest will make the muscles weak and then healing will be a longer process.
Physiotherapy offers great relief for any kind of muscular pain. This process helps the injured person to slowly relax and do mild exercises and then return back to his/her normal activities at the earliest. Injury affects the normal life of a person and the person becomes immobile but physiotherapy helps the injured person to slowly get back to his/her normal routine.
The physiotherapist tries to understand the injury and diagnose all the disorder related movements. They advise patients to do some exercises which will give them relief from pain and discomfort. Most of the time, physiotherapy results in 100% recovery but it totally depends from person to person and on the intensity of the injury.
After injuring a muscle it is good to apply Ice as soon as possible. This will minimize swelling. Use a towel and wrap ice in it. Do not put ice directly on the skin. Keep the ice for about 20 minutes on the affected part. You can keep repeating this process every hour on the first day and every four hours from the next day onward.
Elevate the injured muscle part.
It is important to elevate the injured muscle above the heart level.
Wrap the affected area with an elastic bandage or a cloth bandage.
This will reduce the swelling but at the same time ensure that you do not tie it tightly as it will affect the blood circulation in the body.
Some of the precautions that can be taken to avoid muscle strain are listed below:
- Try not to sit in one position for a long time, take frequent breaks and move your position regularly.
- Maintain a good posture movement. It includes both your standing and sitting posture.
- Lift objects carefully by bending knees and keeping your back straight.
- Obesity and excess weight can cause muscle strain, so lose weight if needed.
- Regular exercise will keep your muscles flexible, healthy and strong. Do not overstretch your body. If you feel uncomfortable doing a particular exercise just leave it.
- Wear shoes that fit properly.
- Avoid areas wherein you can fall and injure yourself badly.
The above are some of the various ways of avoiding muscle injuries like a Hamstring injury, Ankle injury, shoulder injury and side injury etc. With proper exercise and rest you can be healed faster.
The above are some of the best ways to avoid and recover from muscle injuries , however in case of severe pain, it is advisable to take a doctor’s opinion.
To buy please click here Muscle relaxers
98 total views, 1 views today