Pineapple is one of the most delicious tropical fruit, loved by almost everyone. Pineapples have a nice sweet and sour taste, which makes them unique and tasty. Pineapples also have some amazing health benefits and so when they are in season, ensure that you include them in your regular fruit diet.
While pineapples can be eaten fresh, they can also be eaten in the cooked, preserved or even in the juice form. Pineapples are grown in Hawaii, Brazil, the Caribbean islands, Paraguay and many other countries, including India. The fruiting season starts from March till June and each tree can produce a number of fruits. It is called pineapple due to the pine cones appearance on the fruit. Most of us would have enjoyed the pina colada drink, which has pineapple juice as its base. The Pineapple has a lot of nutritional value like vitamins, minerals, potassium, calcium, magnesium, folate, fibre and many other nutrients.
- So today, let us look at some of the amazing benefits of the pineapple
- Pineapples help boost the immune system.
- Pineapples are good for your skin and body.
- Pineapples help in treating intestinal worms and nausea.
- Pineapple helps in good dental health.
- Pineapples are good for cough and cold.
- Pineapples help in bone health.
- Pineapples help in keeping good heart health.
- Pineapples help in maintaining good eye health.
- Pineapples help in the prevention of cancer.
So today, let us look at some of the amazing benefits of the pineapple
Pineapples help boost the immune system.
It is believed that a single serving of pineapple has more than 120% of our daily requirement of vitamin C. We know that vitamin C helps in boosting the immune system, thereby reducing illnesses. It activates the white blood cells, which act as an antioxidant to defend the body against infections and free radicals.
Pineapples are good for your skin and body.
Pineapples are natural exfoliating agents.Some of the benefits of using pineapple are listed below –
- The fresh pulp which has the rough texture of the pineapple is used in many natural face scrubs, for removing dead skin and increasing the blood flow in the body. This simple thing makes your skin look young and glowing. There are many fresh pineapple packs, for eg. take half cup of pineapple pulp with egg yolk, rose water and little milk. Apply it on your skin and then wash it off after 20 minutes to get a radiant and moisturised skin.
- It helps in getting rid of cracked and rough feet. The inside part of the pineapple skin can be used as an excellent natural scrub for the feet. It also helps in relieving swelling and inflammation.
- It strengthens the nails and softens them. Just apply plain pineapple juice mixed with lemon juice in the same quantity and apply it on your nails.
- It also gives relief to chapped lips. Mix pineapple juice with a couple of drops of organic coconut oil and apply it on your chapped lips for relief.
- It helps in getting rid of pimples and acne.
- It helps in preventing hair loss and relieves itchy scalp conditions.
- Pineapple helps in the digestion process.
Pineapples are a rich source of fibre, both soluble and non-soluble. This helps in preventing constipation, diarrhoea, irritable bowel syndrome and many other digestive system diseases. Fibre helps in bulking the stool, which helps for easy passage of stools. It also helps in releasing the gastric and digestive juices in the food.
Pineapples help in treating intestinal worms and nausea.
A glass of pineapple juice helps in relieving nausea, especially for pregnant women in their early pregnancy stage.
Pineapples also contain the digestive enzyme called bromelin, which helps in clearing intestinal worms. Ensure that you give your children pineapples regularly.
Pineapple helps in good dental health.
It helps in strengthening the gums, as it contains astringent agents which help in fixing loosened teeth. Astringent agents help in tightening up the tissues, weak muscles and loosened skin. Eating pineapples regularly will help ensure your dental hygiene.
Pineapples are good for cough and cold.
Pineapples have high levels of vitamin C and bromelin enzymes, which reduce the phlegm and mucus in the respiratory tract. It helps in preventing infection and other illnesses.
Pineapples help in bone health.
Pineapples have a high level of manganese, which helps in strengthening the bones, growth of new bones and repair of old damaged bones. A single serving has more than 65% of your daily requirement of manganese.
It also helps in reducing the inflammation of joints and muscles. Hence it should be a must fruit in the diet of arthritis patients, as it helps in relieving pain and inflammation.
Pineapples help in keeping good heart health.
The high amount of potassium helps in regularising the blood pressure and hypertension. It increases the blood circulation to different parts of the body. This helps in the prevention of blood clots and also reduces the accumulation of plaque on the walls of the arteries. The antioxidants help in lowering the cholesterol levels and preventing heart attacks.
Pineapples help in maintaining good eye health.
Pineapples help in boosting the eye health due to the presence of beta-carotene. All eye deficiencies can be prevented by eating fruits and vegetables, which are high in beta-carotene.
Pineapples help in the prevention of cancer.
Pineapples are rich in antioxidants and minerals like vitamin A, beta-carotene, bromelin, flavonoids, manganese etc. All these help in preventing different types of cancer, like throat cancer, mouth cancer etc. Research has strongly indicated that pineapple helps in reducing cancer.
These are some of the important and amazing benefits of the pineapple fruit. You can include pineapple in different ways in your diet.
There are many pineapple recipes, wherein you can add pineapple to standard recipes like
- Sheera or Pudding.
Pineapple is an easily available seasonal fruit which can be easily included in your diet. Ensure that your children and other family members enjoy this juicy fruit, which has got immense nutritional benefits.
Please read our earlier article Amazing health benefits of Pomegranate.
709 total views, 2 views today